Modern Social Housing
Weslo Housing Association
Formed in 2001, Bothwell-based MCN Ltd, works solely with Housing Associations to install new kitchens and bathrooms across the central belt of Scotland.
The business, which has an annual turnover in excess of £6m, and which regularly polls 98% customer satisfaction, is part way through a four-year refurbishment project for Weslo, a leading independent social housing provider in West Lothian and Falkirk districts.
Over the course of its contract, MCN will refurbish 1,200 bathrooms from the housing association’s portfolio of 2,348 properties, which includes flats, bungalows, semi-detached and terraced houses, some of which require bathrooms to be medically adapted.
With such a high volume of work, speed of installation combined with high-end production and durability of the product is key. “That’s why,” said Andy Shearer, MCN’s founder and Managing Director, “I had no hesitation in recommending Multipanel to the customer.”
“When Rob Tait, maintenance manager at Weslo, first approached me, he was looking for waterproof panels, something durable enough to last for 15-20 years, requiring little or no maintenance. Cost was of course a consideration, but so too was minimising the amount of disruption for tenants and also limiting void periods between tenancies. Weslo don’t hang around in getting properties re-let. On average it takes them only 23 days, eight days less than the Scottish average.”
“Our business model revolves around our ability to complete the fit in just one day. To achieve this, we of course rely on the skill and experience of our installers, but also on selecting the best products and materials for the job – ones that are quick to install and that guarantee a great contemporary look. In these respects, Multipanel waterproof walls, floors and ceilings, certainly fit the bill.”
Andy says “Multipanel has been a game changer. It allows us to complete installation in one day. The new Hydrolock system is fantastic, it’s easy to snap the panels into place and the finish is superb.”
If you know someone who may be interested in this modern social housing refurbishment case study, please share on LinkedIn.
Welso Housing Association specified the following Multipanel products:
- - Bathroom wall panels from the Classic Collection with Hydrolock tongue and groove joining system for almost seamless waterproof joints.
- - Click vinyl bathroom flooring, featuring a commercial grade 0.5mm wear layer.
- - Waterproof ceiling panels - a tongue and groove system with innovative build-in protection from moisture and damp.
Switch to waterproof panels and save time, and money
- - Multipanel waterproof wall panels are three times quicker to install than traditional tiles
- - Switching from tiles could save you £30 per m2 on your next project
- - Perfect for modern bathrooms and shower cubicles
- - No grout and simple to clean
- - 15-year guarantee
- - Supplied on a just-in-time basis to suit modern social housing builds & renovations
If you are looking for improved turnaround times, stunning long-lasting design and quality, then Multipanel products are definitely for your social housing bathroom refurbishment programme.
Contact our team today to discuss the time and cost benefits of Multipanel.